CODE OF ETHICS
As members of the Southern Public Relations Federation, we subscribe to the belief that inherent in the practice of public relations is the obligation to uphold public trust, which requires fulfillment of these principles:
- Accuracy, truthfulness and good taste in material prepared for public dissemination.
- Standards of practice that safeguard the confidential affairs of clients and employers even after termination of professional association; and that, with full regard for our right to profit and advancement of our personal interests, nevertheless preserve professional integrity as the primary concern in our work.
- Cooperation with fellow professionals in curbing malpractice.
- Support of efforts designed to further the ethics and technical proficiency of the profession and encourage the establishment of adequate training and educational resources for the practice of public relations.
- Objectives that are in full accord with public service as well as our clients and employers.
We realize full well that interpretation of a code of ethics becomes a matter of personal judgment in many instances, but we hold that a sincere effort to implement the spirit of these principles will assure professional conduct of credit to the profession and honest service to clients, employers and the public.